BETTER TOUCH BETTER BUSINESS
Contact Sales at Fangpusun.
Main difference between an inverter and a hybrid inverter is their functionality. Both inverters are used to convert direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC) for the use of household appliances.
An inverter solely works with solar PV modules, and it's responsible for converting the DC energy produced by the solar panels into AC power that can be used by the household grid or stored in the batteries.
On the other hand, a hybrid inverter has an additional feature that allows it to store and manage excess electrical energy production, such as from wind turbines, generators, or battery backup systems as well as solar panels, and it can switch between the grid and battery power depending on demand.
Therefore, hybrid inverters can work either as an on-grid system, off-grid system or in hybrid mode. This makes the hybrid inverter more complex and costly than the standard inverters.
How long can hybrid inverter last?
The lifespan of a hybrid inverter is dependent on various factors such as usage, maintenance, and quality of the inverter. However, most hybrid inverters have an expected lifespan of 10 to 20 years, with many manufacturers offering warranties within this period. Of course, with proper use and maintenance, the lifespan of a hybrid inverter can exceed the expected lifespan. That being said, it is important to choose a reputable brand when purchasing a hybrid inverter to ensure its reliability and longevity.
There are several brands of hybrid inverters available in the market, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Below are some of the most popular brands and a brief comparison of their features and benefits:
1. SMA - This is a German brand that offers high-quality hybrid inverters with advanced energy management features. They come with a warranty of up to 25 years.
2. Huawei - A Chinese brand that offers a range of hybrid inverters with extended warranties, up to 10 years. Huawei’s hybrid inverter features AI-enhanced energy storage.
3. SolarEdge - An Israeli-based manufacturer that offers hybrid inverters that are designed for compatibility with DC-coupled batteries.
4. Fronius - An Austrian brand with hybrid inverters that are compact and efficient, and they come with a 5-year warranty.
5. Victron - A Dutch manufacturer that offers hybrid inverters suitable for off-grid use. Their hybrid inverters are also suitable for marine applications.
6.Fangpusun-is a leading power inverter manufacturer that specialized in researching, developing, manufacturing, and marketing solar energy products. The company has a group of senior professional technical and management personnel, formed a set of science, industry, and trade as one of the operating systems.
It is important to note that the performance of each hybrid inverter depends on the specific application, and various factors such as climate, energy consumption, and other external factors can affect their lifespan.